Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Christine Osborne worked over 25 years in Atlanta, London and the Triangle, primarily as a Financial and Business Consultant. Ms. Osborne works with top management to design and create accounting and business solutions for all sizes of companies, from start-up to large, public companies. Ms. Osborne has extensive experience creating new business models, designing supporting processes, and implementating new processes using her expertise and training in strategy, team leadership, project management and change management. Current clients include Tyrata and Arosa+LivHOME.
Ms. Osborne brings strategic financial and business experience to companies undergoing change through growth, downsizing or industry evolution. Her work involves creating business models, developing business plans, budgeting, implementing best practices, streamlining management reporting, integrating technology to improve speed and accuracy of information, implementing activity based costing systems, and financial analysis. She has worked in a variety of industries, including technology, service, banking, healthcare, manufacturing, travel, real estate, multi-media, and telecommunications.
While she has worked extensively as a consultant, she has also worked internally, in management and accounting roles, while designing and implementing new processes and systems to create more streamlined and productive back office and/or business operations. This work has involved:
- Creating and documenting internal controls and accounting processes
- Streamlining accounting systems with recurring accounting entries and automated processes while performing the receivables, payables, human resource and financial control functions
- Preparing sales and use tax and property tax filings
- Preparing financial and analytical reports, including cash flow analysis, proformas, and scenario analysis
- Maintaining payroll, employment, tax, benefits, and insurance documentation and preparing filings
- Creating and maintaining appropriate accounting files and support
- Identifying vendors, creating specifications, and implementing contracts for tax preparation, payroll, human resource support, benefits, and technical support
- Maintaining banking, payroll, benefits, accountant, and vendor relations
Ms. Osborne has also enjoyed working with nonprofits in a Treasury, Board and Chair roles. In this role, she has filed for nonprofit status, filed for grants and managed required accounting processes, setting up nonprofit accounting structure and system, filing taxes, managing banking and investment relations, and implementing appropriate internal controls,
Ms Osborne attended UNC-Chapel Hill, where she received a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. She received her MBA from the London Business School while working abroad. She holds her CPA certificate in North Carolina and is member of the NC Association of CPA’s.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2018
- From 2004 to 2018, worked as an Independent Consultant and Accountant
- From 2013 to 2016, worked as a Business and Accounting Contractor for a medical diagnostic equipment company
- From 1997 to 1998, worked with Arthur Andersen Business Consulting in the London office while obtaining MBA at the London Business School. Work included Global Best Practices data base creation, redesign of accounting and billing process for international service firm, and analysis of ideal product line and markets for company transitioning from regulated to private market.
- From 1994 to 1996, worked with WorldTravel Partners, now BCD Travel, as VP of New Business. Hired to implement business plan created while working as a consultant with Arthur Andersen. After implementation, worked with top management to assess new business opportunities through operational and financial modeling and streamlining current product lines to maintain industry leadership through technology.
- From 1989 to 1994, worked with Andersen Consulting and Arthur Andersen’s Business Consulting. Work included implementing financial informational systems and managing reengineering and redesign projects across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, real estate, service, and telecommunications. Also worked on Activity Based Costing models, Key Performance Measures development, and Management Reporting Systems.
- From 1987 to 1989 worked as an auditor with PriceWaterhouse, specializing in real estate.