Cyndy White is a Partner at Rankin McKenzie, LLC. As a Financial Executive and Project Advisor with over 25 years of experience, Ms. White works with a wide variety of entrepreneurial emerging-growth companies. Ms. White has extensive experience with start-up companies, complex accounting issues, including revenue recognition, contract project management, managing accounting functions, developing financial plans, due diligence, internal and external audit. Current clients include Praetego and Data Spectrum.
Ms. White has been responsible for daily financial management, including department operations, financial reporting, auditing, cash management, and forecasting. She has worked with companies in the grocery business, trade show platform, moving and storage industry, subscription publications, medical supply, and commercial real estate. Ms. White has spent most of her career focusing on early-stage drug development technology, clinical site pharmacology, biotech, and life science industries.
Ms. White earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Meredith College.
- In 2020, Ms. White joined Rankin McKenzie
- In 2019, Ms. White was a Project Accountant with CBRE, Inc., a commercial real estate company, where she assisted with the Raleigh startup location finance procedures, team training, monthly close, financial statements, audit prep and hiring of Controller.
- From 2015 to 2019, Ms. White was a Project Accountant for Innocrin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., where she was responsible for daily finance and accounting transactions, monthly close, contract analysis, project management, financial statements, internal and external audit.
- From 2012 to 2015, Ms. White was a Project Accountant at Scynexis, Inc. and Avista, drug development company. Scynexis transitioned from private sector to public sector. With this IPO, Avista purchased the services business. While at both companies, Ms. White assisted in project analysis, monitored purchase orders, monthly close, created financial statements, performed internal audit and supported external audit.
- From 2010 to 2014, Ms. White acted as a Project Accountant for OrthoPro, Inc., and SME, orthopedic medical supply providers. She audited system processes, created sales reports, analyzed sales commissions, payroll, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- From 1999 to 2004, Ms. White worked at Nobex Corporation, a biopharma company as the Controller. She was responsible for the finance and accounting functions, monthly close, grant management, financials, board packages, project costing, insurance renewals, contract accounting, internal and external audits while managing payroll, purchasing, facilities, construction and maintenance.
- In 1999, Ms. White worked at NC Lawyers Weekly, a legal publication, as the Business Manager. She was responsible for the finance and accounting functions, customer service management, payroll, sales commissions, budgeting, monthly close and financial reports.
- From 1996 to 1999, Ms. White worked at Beltmann North American, a moving and storage company, as a Branch Accounting Manager and South East Auditor. She managed the finance and accounting functions, customer service, trained and audited 6 branches, reviewed contracts, job costing, sales commissions, budgeting, monthly close, financials and internal audits.
- In 1996, Ms. White worked at Exhibit Resources, a trade show company, as the Accounting Manager. She performed and managed the finance and accounting functions, created procedures, assisted with partner financing, project costing, inventory, internal audit and financials.
- From 1993 to 1996, Ms. White worked at Mark Vitek and Company, CPA’s. She assisted with HOA audits, 1040 tax returns, Sales and Use tax, and managed billable time.
- From 1983 to 1993, Ms. White worked at Harris Teeter, a grocery chain, as a Store Accountant. She was responsible to open and close store office, produce sales reports, manage front end, purchase DSD vendor items, sell store displays, head store resets, and inventory control.