Mr. Graham is a strategically focused financial executive with approximately 30 years of experience. He has a track record of achievement and significant experience in both publicly-held and private companies. He is results-oriented with deep expertise in raising capital, development and modeling of strategic plans, investor relations, corporate accounting and many other areas. He is also skilled at driving change, building collaborative partnerships, and setting and delivering on business objectives.
A licensed CPA in North Carolina, Mr. Graham, has played a significant role in the expansion of a number of companies. He has deep experience in life science organizations spanning human health, agribusiness and medical devices. He has led several equity and debt financing transactions and played a significant role in an initial public offering. Mr. Graham is currently serving as a fractional CFO for MyCovia Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company passionate about developing breakthrough therapies in women’s health and dermatology
Mr. Graham lives in Cary, North Carolina with his wife and two sons. He grew up in Canada and South Africa before moving to North Carolina in the early 90’s to complete his undergraduate degree and masters in accounting at North Carolina State University. He also earned an MBA from the Kenan-Flagler business school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Mr. Graham has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Development and modeling of strategic plans
- Raising capital – venture capital, debt and initial public offerings
- Financial systems
- Corporate accounting
- Financial reporting
- Investor relations
- Merger and acquisitions
- Risk management
- Human Resources
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2022
- 2021-2022: CFO GemPharmatech, LLC., a wholly owned Chinese subsidiary commercializing 17,000+ gene-edited animal models and preclinical testing services in early-stage drug development.
- 2015-2021: CFO of AgBiome, LLC., a venture backed life science company using the microbiome to discover, develop & commercialize the next generation of crop protection products.
- 2011-2015: CFO of Advanced Animal Diagnostics, Inc., a venture backed medical device company researching the immune system for early disease detection in production animals.
- 2010-2011: Chief Restructuring Officer of Sicel Technologies, Inc., a venture backed medical device company that designed and developed proprietary sensors to monitor radiation dosage delivered to patients in hospital settings. Court appointed officer responsible for leading the company through the bankruptcy process.
- 2004-2010: Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary of Trimeris (NASDAQ “TRMS”) a profitable publicly traded biopharmaceutical company with a drug on the market for the treatment of AIDS, peak worldwide sales of $267M. Prior positions – Director of Finance and Corporate Secretary.
- 1999-2004: Chief Accounting Officer of Icoria, Inc. (formerly Paradigm Genetics, Inc.) (NASDAQ “PDGM”) a publicly traded life science biotech company. Prior positions – Director of Finance, Controller.
- 1995-1999: Mr. Graham began his career with Ernst & Young in Raleigh, NC.