As an analytical, results-oriented professional with over 15 years of experience, Angela Taylor has contributed to the success of start-ups, small businesses, and global corporations throughout services, distribution, manufacturing, and retail industries. She is exceptional at leading and supporting management through prudent financial oversight.
A licensed CPA, Ms. Taylor grew up in a family of industrious finance-focused entrepreneurs. Upon completing graduate school, she started her career at a public accounting firm in Bethesda, MD. Moving back to her home state of North Carolina, Ms. Taylor worked as controller for a retail start-up company preparing them for their initial audits as well as capital investment acquisition. She spent many years as an analyst for the Professional Services division of a software company, researching and analyzing data to determine financial impact related to customer agreements and project management. Most recently, Ms. Taylor participated in the leadership of the North American subsidiary of an international company directing all financial matters across five disparate business units. In addition, she led and assisted with matters related to legal, business operations, HR, farm operations, and office management.
Ms. Taylor has earned a reputation as an enthusiastic hard worker with the remarkable ability to learn quickly and prioritize tasks under minimal direction. She works with a genuine focus on accuracy, efficiency, and regulatory adherence and has a proven success at forging strong internal and external client relationships. Currently, Ms. Taylor serves as the part-time CFO for MigOps, Inc, a database consulting and migration services company; Local Start Dental, a not-for-profit 501 c3, state-of-the-art and on-site denture fabrication clinic; North Ridge Country Club, Inc.; and Brownlee Whitlow & Praet, a property solutions law firm. Read the great things clients have to say about her here: Client Testimonials.
Ms. Taylor has substantial experience in the areas of:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Financial Reporting and Forecasting
- Cash Management
- S. Tax Laws & GAAP Adherence
- Implementation of Policies and Controls
- Contract Management
- Business Operations
A native of North Carolina, Ms. Taylor attended UNC-Wilmington where she earned a Master of Science in Accountancy. She is member of North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants and The CFO Leadership Council. Ms. Taylor also serves as a trustee and owns an LLC for management of rental property.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2022.
- 2018 to 2022: Finance Leader of Phytobiotics North America, the North American subsidiary of a German manufacturer and distributer of feed additives and organic trace materials. The North American business includes a retail product and a research farm.
- 2017-2018: Area Director/Owner of Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services a service franchise. Operated all aspects of the business including staffing and sales.
- 2011-2017: Expert Services Business Analyst at Allscripts, an electronic health records company. Researched and analyzed data to determine financial impact, assisting with decisions related to concessions, returns, amendments, extensions, and scope changes for Professional Services division.
- 2006-2007: Owner of Sawgrass Gallery
- 2003-2004: Finance Analyst at The Dialog Corp
- 2000-2001 Sales Compensation Analyst at Nortel Networks
- 1998-2000: Controller at Implus Corporation
- 1997-1998: Ms. Taylor Began career with Romano and Mitchell, a public accounting firm