Anna Hunter is a strategic-minded executive with 20 years of experience in finance, accounting, human resources, and business operations. An analytical and results-oriented business driver, Ms. Hunter brings vision, agility, problem solving, and focused execution to every engagement. Her current clients include Infinia ML, The rAVe Agency, and Casey Creative. Read the wonderful things clients have to say about her here: Client Testimonials.
Ms. Hunter began her career in public accounting as an auditor. She later moved into private industry, where she gained experience in a variety of fields, including technology, service, retail, and manufacturing. As a skilled executive, Ms. Hunter’s areas of expertise include:
- Equity and Venture Financing
- Investor Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Entrepreneurial and Start-Up Companies
- High-Growth Challenges
- Treasury Management
- Budgeting/Forecasting Financials
- Audit, Tax, and Insurance
- Human Resources
- Facilities and Commercial Leasing
Professional Career Highlights
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as a Partner in 2016. She specializes in working with technology clients and high-growth entrepreneurial organizations.
- Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Ms. Hunter served for 10 years as the Chief Financial Officer of Dude Solutions, Inc. In this role, Ms. Hunter collaborated with the executive team to build and implement a business plan, raising $100M in equity funding. In the early phases of the company she also assisted in raising between $500K and $5M+ annually from angel investors. Over the years, she secured many different banking lines of credit to bridge the cash flow needs of the organization, and she also closed two major acquisitions simultaneously within the same quarter of 2015.
- From 2004 to 2006, Ms. Hunter was the Financial Controller at Bauscher USA, Inc. a U.S. subsidiary of the German publicly traded company, BHS Tabletop. She was responsible for all financial matters, including forecasting, reporting, banking, audit, tax, compliance, and cash flow in a multi-currency environment. She also directed all human resource and payroll activities.
- From 1999 to 2004, Ms. Hunter worked for SimRidge Technologies, where she was promoted to Controller after just 18 months as the Accounting Manager. During her tenure with SimRidge, Ms. Hunter weathered the company’s acquisition by the public company Alcoa, and then later the purchase and subsequent spin-off of the company as a private entity. She was responsible for all financial, accounting, and human resource activities of both the North Carolina and Arizona divisions.
- In 1998, Ms. Hunter served as a Staff Accountant for Cherry, Bekaert LLP. During her time with the accounting firm, she was involved in individual and corporate tax, financial and governmental auditing, financial statement preparation, and peer review.
- Ms. Hunter received her bachelor’s degree from Peru State College, Nebraska with a double major in Accounting and Management. During her undergraduate studies, she completed a two-year internship with the Professor of Accounting, earning valuable real-world experience. After graduation she moved to North Carolina, where she went on to receive her CPA license and a master’s degree in Business from Campbell University. Ms. Hunter is a member of the NCACPA and AICPA.