Charron Kim Robinson is a partner with Rankin McKenzie having over 30 years of public and private financial accounting experience in both the US and Canada.
As CFO/Controller, Ms. Robinson has been responsible for overall financial management of accounting operations for various clients including; financial reporting, revenue recognition, cost accounting, payroll and benefit implementation, cash management, forecasting and budgeting, board participation, establishing and maintaining; banking, legal counsel and accounting firm relationships. Ms. Robinson has spent the majority of her career focusing on commercialization of early-stage technology, life science, and service companies. Her clients are active in various business segments including, manufacturing, retail, aerospace, defense contracting, engineering, and IT. Current clients include Vadum, Celito.net, Theravida , Auration Biotech and Evive Nutrition.
Rankin McKenzie Career Timeline:
Joined Rankin McKenzie as partner in 2012, past/present notable clients include;
- Controller, at Celito.net, Inc. oversee month end close process, assisted in implementation of NetSuite, advise VP of Operations on accounting best practices, consult with tax advisors on behalf of CEO.
- Controller at Anutra Medical, Inc. a dental device startup, sourced and trained staff accountant, streamlined month end close process, assisted CEO in simplifying budget model and integration in NetSuite.
- Controller Theravida, Inc. , is a clinical stage company developing a portfolio of innovative combination pharmaceutical products. Responsible for quarterly board deck financial preparation. Interface with tax preparer.
- Controller Auration Biotech is developing novel therapeutics for treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. Responsible for year-end board deck financial preparation. Interface with tax preparer.
- CFO/Controller at Carolina Center for ABA and Autism, oversaw month end close process, assisted in investor due diligence.
- CFO at Anfield Inc. a global content creation company, tracked cash flow, analyzed financial strengths and weaknesses, revenue recognition considerations, owned month end close process, assisted in capital financing.
- Corporate Controller, at Aseptia Inc. (prior to the sale of subsidiaries; Wright Foods Inc. and Carolina Dairy Inc.), preparing consolidated monthly financials, interfacing with Plant Controllers, managing year-end audit, assisted in upgrade and integration of SAP Business One, sourced workers compensation policy which resulted in $150k savings.
- Controller, at Polarean Inc. a medical device startup (hyperpolarized xenon or helium gas for use in MRI) who has since been acquired and is currently trading on London AIM. Functions included all financial accounting and reporting, HR admin, cash management and year- end review.
Professional Career Timeline:
- Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Ms. Robinson worked as an independent consultant for New Phoenix Aerospace. In this role, she transitioned the accounting system to support manufacturing. She was involved in the financial review of all government quotes and contracts, sourced funding for job training and implemented the award of a workforce program.
- Robinson transitioned from RSM McGladrey to assume the role as North American Controller for Kudos Information Inc., responsibilities included consolidation reporting of multiple US facilities; project accounting, revenue recognition, cash flow management and management of year-end audit.
- Subsequently, Ms. Robinson stepped into the public accounting domain working as business accounting consultant offering services for varied businesses with Richter, Usher Vineberg in Canada and more recently with RSM McGladrey in the US.
- Robinson held the position of Assistant Controller at two multinational retail clothing chains in Canada with revenues exceeding $150M (Pantorama Industries Inc. & Boutique Au Coton B.A.C.) She was a key contributor in Pantorama’s initial public offering.
Currently, Ms. Robinson is serving as the Controller to Celito.net, Anutra Medical, Inc., TheraVida, Inc. and Auration Biotech.