Charron Kim Robinson has over 30 years of public and private financial accounting experience in both the US and Canada. As CFO/Controller, Ms. Robinson has been responsible for overall financial management of accounting operations for various clients including; financial reporting, revenue recognition, cost accounting, payroll and benefit implementation, cash management, forecasting and budgeting, board participation, establishing and maintaining; banking, legal counsel and accounting firm relationships. Ms. Robinson has spent the majority of her career focusing on commercialization of early-stage technology, life science, and service companies. Her clients are active in various business segments including, manufacturing, retail, aerospace, defense contracting, engineering, pharma and IT.
Professional Career Timeline:
Joined Rankin McKenzie as partner in 2012, past notable clients included;
- Evive Nutrition., Canadian online food and beverage company that produces and supplies plant-based smoothies to both CDN and USA. Consultant to the Director of Finance.
- Vadum Inc., Budget and Forecast preparation, PPP Forgiveness computation, R&D Tax credit analysis, manage banking relationship.
- net Inc., B2B Fiber/Internet service provider, oversee month end close process, prepared consolidated financials, assisted in implementation from QB Online to NetSuite by validating migrated data, advising VP of Operations on accounting best practices, consult with tax advisors.
- Anutra Medical, Inc., dental device startup, sourced and trained staff accountant, streamlined month end close process, assisted CEO in simplifying budget model with implementation in NetSuite to generate monthly budget vs actual reports.
- TheraVida, Inc., clinical stage company developing a portfolio of innovative combination pharmaceutical products. Responsible for quarterly board deck financial preparation. Interface with tax preparer.
- Auration Biotech, developing novel therapeutics for treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. Responsible for year-end board deck financial preparation. Interface with tax preparer.
- Carolina Center for ABA and Autism, oversaw month end close process, assisted in investor due diligence,
- Anfield Inc., global content creation company, tracked cash flow, analyzed financial strengths and weaknesses, revenue recognition considerations, owned month end close process and financial statement preparation, sourced capital financing.
- Aseptia Inc. (prior to the sale of subsidiaries; Wright Foods Inc. and Carolina Dairy Inc.), prepared consolidated monthly financials, interfacing with Plant Controllers, prepared and managed year-end audit, assisted in accounting system upgrade and integration of SAP Business One, sourced workers compensation policy which resulted in $150k savings.
- Polarean Inc., medical device startup (hyperpolarized xenon or helium gas for use in MRI) who has since been acquired and is currently trading on London AIM. Functions included all financial accounting and reporting QB desktop, HR admin, cash management and year- end audit preparation prior to acquisition.
- Aceragen – a rare disease biopharmaceutical company
Currently, Ms. Robinson is serving working with Vadum Inc., Celito.net Inc. TheraVida Inc., and Disruptive Process Solutions. Read the praise clients speak about her here: Client Testimonials.
Professional Career Timeline:
- Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Ms. Robinson worked as an independent consultant for New Phoenix Aerospace. In this role, she transitioned the accounting system to support manufacturing. She was involved in the financial review of all government quotes and contracts, sourced funding for job training and implemented the award of a workforce program.
- Robinson transitioned from RSM McGladrey to assume the role as North American Controller for Kudos Information Inc., responsibilities included consolidation reporting of multiple US facilities; project accounting, revenue recognition, cash flow management and management of year-end audit.
- Subsequently, Ms. Robinson stepped into the public accounting domain working as business accounting consultant offering services for varied businesses with Richter, Usher Vineberg in Canada and more recently with RSM McGladrey in the US.
- Robinson held the position of Assistant Controller at two multinational retail clothing chains in Canada with revenues exceeding $150M (Pantorama Industries Inc. & Boutique Au Coton B.A.C.) She was a key contributor in Pantorama’s initial public offering.