Jeff Bell is a strategic-minded executive with more than 30 years of experience working with a wide variety of national and international companies. Mr. Bell has a strong understanding of industry-specific accounting and audit issues affecting international and domestic organizations. Since joining the Rankin McKenzie team in 2013, he has become a managing partner in addition to serving his clients.
As a trusted part-time CFO, he has concentrated his efforts on promoting growth and development of his entrepreneurial client companies. As an accomplished entrepreneurial financial executive with multi-industry, multi-national experience, Mr. Bell’s financial, strategic and leadership has had a substantial impact on the success of his medical device, pharmaceutical, software, manufacturing, and distribution clients. Jeff currently works with NuXcel Limited, an incubator for new and emerging medical device companies (based in Ireland), Xilis, an oncology and precision health company, Tyson Farms, and 410 Medical, Avivomed, and Aerami, all medical device companies.
As a goal-driven leader, Mr. Bell’s areas of expertise include:
- Equity and Venture Financing
- Conventional Financing and Leasing
- Equity Compensation and Accounting
- Investor Management
- Entrepreneurial and Start-Up Companies
- Financial Modeling and Reporting
- High-Growth Challenges
- Treasury Management
- Audit, Tax, and Insurance
- Human Resources
A native of New Bern, North Carolina, Mr. Bell attended East Carolina University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and MBA. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as a Partner in 2013. His clients have included Spyryx, Biosciences, Inc. (pharmaceutical), Intervolve, Inc. (software), and Entigral, Inc. (software) and NeuroTronik Limited (medical device).
- Became a managing partner at Rankin McKenzie in 2017.
- In 2012, served as Manager for Frost, PLLC, a CPA firm providing audit and tax compliance services and litigation support.
- From 2004 to 2010, served as Vice President of Finance and Board Member for Dillon Supply Company, a premier distributor of industrial supplies, material handling equipment and steel.
- From 1984 to 1989 and 1995 to 2003, held various progressing positions with Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP, a nationally recognized accounting firm servicing clients coast to coast. During his tenure, he provided audit and tax compliance services, litigation support and business consulting services.
- From 1993 to 1995, served as Senior Accountant for Carpenter, Faulkner & Thompson. During his tenure, he provided tax, accounting and auditing services to client in various industries.
- From 1989 – 1991, Controller at BGB Management Company, a multi-franchise automotive group with 8 locations in NC, TN and FL.