With over 30-years of experience, Jeffry Sherwood is an entrepreneurial executive with a career history of success in diverse roles across multiple industries – food services, entertainment, healthcare and technology – at startup, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies. Jeffry currently works with International Farming Corporation, Supercat Solutions, Cogent3D, RedHill Biopharma, and Huma.AI.
Mr. Sherwood is a passionate and analytical business leader, dedicated to driving value through growth, financial clarity and continual organizational improvement. As a senior management team member, he has scaled financial operations, simultaneously transformed production processes across multiple locations and developed and executed key strategic initiatives. He has held responsibility over all aspects of financial management including financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, revenue recognition, risk management, tax compliance and banking relationships. He has also managed product delivery, human resources, facility build-outs and has designed and implemented technology systems that enabled rapid company expansion.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2017.
- From 2015 to 2017, Mr. Sherwood served as VP Operations for International Farming Corporation, an emerging investment firm focused on farm assets and technology. He focused on business process improvement, human resources, risk management and the strategic financial planning of portfolio technology companies
- Throughout 2014, Mr. Sherwood served as Chief Financial Officer at AEI Technology, a nearly-formed startup software company which had anticipated the merging of two SAAS platforms in the agricultural technology space. In the role, he provided long-range financial modeling, fully automated accounting and administrative processes and developed key performance indicators.
- From 2005 to 2014, Mr. Sherwood was Senior Vice President, Operations and Finance for Walz Group, a provider of software, technology and outsourcing solutions which enabled financial services clients to communicate with their clients in a highly-regulated environment. In this combined role of the top finance and product delivery leader, he was the business confidant to the CEO, accountable for finance, distribution, human resources and corporate administration. The company achieved Inc. 500 status and other software awards in three consecutive years.
- From 1999 to 2005, Mr. Sherwood was Regional Account Executive at Bell & Howell, a mid-size large format hi-tech capital equipment manufacturer. In this role, he sought and developed business relationships, attaining strong strategic selling skills which drove high levels of sales achievement.
- From 1994 to 1999, Mr. Sherwood served as Finance Sales Manager at Beckman Coulter, a large manufacturer of laboratory equipment for doctors, hospitals and universities. Here, Mr. Sherwood was successful in corporate business development, sales team management and client relationship administration.
- From 1992 to 1994, Mr. Sherwood was Accounting Manager at the home video division of Walt Disney Company. In this role, he managed product and distribution accounting for $2 billion of inventory annually.
- From 1986 to 1992, Mr. Sherwood was International Accounting Manager for PepsiCo, where he prepared and presented monthly financial results to senior management. Here he developed the standardized procedures for international accounting, consolidation and currency translation.
- Sherwood began his career in public accounting, providing audit services to clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
A native of the Midwest, Mr. Sherwood attended the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy.