Justin Alexander is a Partner of Rankin McKenzie LLC. As a financial executive with almost twenty years of experience, Mr. Alexander provides CFO services to his clients in the areas of overall accounting and financial reporting, financial modeling, valuations, forecasting and cash flow planning, ERP and system implementations, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions. He is currently serving as CFO to Direct Marketing Group.
Mr. Alexander started his career in public accounting as an auditor with KPMG and then spent the last 15 years in the private sector focusing on early-stage technology, life science, and service companies gaining valuable experience in the areas of product development, manufacturing, retail, clinical and service operations. Before joining Rankin McKenzie, Mr. Alexander served as CFO for a device company focused on personalized plant-based products. He was responsible for financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, insurance and banking relationships as well as assisting human resources with various issues.
A native of Indiana, Mr. Alexander attended Indiana University, where he earned degrees in Accounting, Finance and East Asian Languages (Japanese). He relocated to North Carolina in 2003 and earned a Master of Business Administration for the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2021.
- From 2020 to 2021, Chief Financial Officer for Altopa, Inc., the developer of Oblend, the world’s first electronic apothecary that enables care providers and patients to find, customize, and create consistent, personalized products from plant-based ingredients on demand. Mr. Alexander helped with the execution of commercial launch strategy, including enactment of partnership strategies and diligence processes, competitive landscape and external business environmental factors.
- From 2018 to 2020, Senior Director of Strategy for Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), fully integrated AAV gene therapy company possessing capsid development, scaled manufacturing, and a portfolio of therapeutic programs aspiring to curative outcomes. Mr. Alexander helped the company raise a $235M Series A by providing company financial/valuation models. Additionally, Mr. Alexander led the company’s largest acquisition of Scotland based Synpromics, including the integration of their operations into the AskBio organization
- From 2017 to 2019, Vice President of Finance for Cohera Medical, Inc. a medical device company that was a leading innovator and developer of synthetic surgical adhesives and sealants. Mr. Alexander managed and enhanced all aspects of the day-to-day finance and accounting functions, including financial analysis, planning, budgeting and forecasting, cost management, accounting and other controls, treasury, tax, financial reporting and audit.
- From 2012 to 2017, Director of Finance for TearScience, Inc. a medical device company that has developed diagnostic and treatment devices to enable ophthalmologists to treat the root cause dry eye which is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Mr. Alexander helped the company secure a $70M synthetic royalty participation funding round with HRP. Mr. Alexander led the selection and implementation of ERP System (NetSuite) to provide the most effective outcome for the organization by replacing multiple standalone non-integrated island solutions.