Kathy Morris is a financial executive with over 20 years of experience in a variety of companies and industries. She began her career in the manufacturing and semiconductor industries, then moved into telecommunications and software industries, where she gained experience in software revenue recognition. Her experience includes both public and privately held companies. In addition to financial management, Ms. Morris has been responsible for HR/Admin, Business Planning, and Production Control. Some of her clients include Think Optimal, Biospatial, Adroit Materials, Hexatech, Red Bud Labs, First Flight Venture Center, and SciOme. Read the praise clients speak about her here: Client Testimonials.
Recently, she has focused on early stage technology and medical device companies and understands the challenges facing start-up companies. As an experienced CFO, Ms. Morris directs clients’ overall financial management which includes:
- Cash Management
- Financial Reporting
- Government Grants/Contracts
- Insurance and Banking Relationships
- Audit and Tax Readiness
- Due Diligence
- Accounting Operations
Professional Career Highlights
- Ms. Morris joined Rankin McKenzie in 2010 and has provided CFO support to clients in the semiconductor, software, and life sciences industries, many of which are recipients of government contracts and grants.
- From 2001 to 2010, Ms. Morris was with Tekelec, a global, publicly traded telecommunications company later acquired by Oracle. As Site Controller she established a finance department in North Carolina to support the company’s largest division, and later provided key support in relocating the corporate finance department to the state. As Revenue Controller, she managed the worldwide revenue recognition policies and quarterly reporting of revenue and commissions.
- From 1999 to 2001, Ms. Morris was Controller for Pliant Systems, a publicly traded telecommunications firm where she managed the accounting staff and prepared quarterly and annual SEC reports in collaboration with external auditors and attorneys.
- From 1986 to1999 Ms. Morris worked for Mitsubishi Semiconductor America, Inc. where she was promoted to Assistant Manager during her first year. She was subsequently promoted several times within the Finance Department and by the time of her departure, had attained the position of Treasurer and Director of IT, Business Planning, and Production Control departments.
- A native of North Carolina, Ms. Morris graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she earned a bachelor’s degree in business with a concentration in accounting. She is also a member of the American Institute of CPAs.