As a financial executive with almost 30 years of experience, Michael Giamoni has provided leadership to companies ranging from early-stage growth to large organizations with international operations. Mr. Giamoni has considerable experience in managing and improving accounting, finance, treasury and cash management, human resources, contract negotiations, operations support and overall corporate strategy. He has worked in multiple industries including education services, technology, manufacturing, advertising and healthcare services.
As an experienced CFO, Mr. Giamoni has been responsible for overall financial management of an organization which includes, accounting and finance oversight, financial reporting, cash management, budgeting and forecasting, board participation, regulatory compliance, and coordinating with outside vendors such as bankers, legal counsel, audit and tax accountants, real estate firms and insurance brokers.
Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Mr. Giamoni served as the CFO for MyComputerCareer which is a privately held company in the education industry. During his time at MyComputerCareer, the company grew by almost 10x and was recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. Mr. Giamoni also worked in senior leadership finance roles at Nomacorc, Cisco, DexOne, and Lord Corporation.
Originally from Pennsylvania, Mr. Giamoni has been in North Carolina since 1994. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Clarion University in Clarion, PA.
His current clients with Rankin McKenzie include Nuvo Solutions; Nuvoda, inventors of a sustainable wastewater treatment process; Atcom, Inc; Tagg Concrete Coatings, LLC, company providing floor coatings in your home or business; and Constellation, a technology company.
Read what his clients have to say about him: Client Testimonials.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2022
- From 2016-2022, worked as CFO of MyComputerCareer, a U.S. based, privately owned, education services company. During his time as CFO, the company grew to become one of the fastest growing companies as ranked by Inc Magazine and the Triangle Business Journal. Responsibilities included overseeing departments including accounting and finance, human resources, financial aid, purchasing, facilities, and new business development. Giamoni was responsible for all treasury functions and was a key participant in obtaining a secured line of credit. Mr. Giamoni was also a member of the Board of Directors of the company.
- From 2015-2016, worked as Director of Finance for Nomacorc, a global, private equity owned, manufacturing company. As Director of Finance, he managed all corporate finance functions, including monthly board reporting, long term planning, annual budgeting, annual audits and required bank covenant reporting.
- From 2012-2015, worked as Controller for Cisco, a global, publicly traded, technology company. As Controller, he managed pricing strategy for new and existing products and reviewing and approving new contracts with potential customers to meeting ROI objectives. He also managed quarterly KPI reporting.
- From 2006-2012, worked as a Senior Manager of Finance for Dex One, a U.S. based, publicly traded, advertising company. He managed long term planning models for the corporation, lead team that approved new investments for growth, and lead reporting on KPIs and economic and competitive benchmarking.
- From 2000-2006, worked in various leadership roles at Lord Corporation, a global, privately held, manufacturing company. During his time at Lord, he managed various aspects of accounting and finance, but also moved into a role where he was able to oversee an entire product line from the R&D phase, to manufacturing, to marketing and selling the product. He was directly responsible for the success and profitability of that product line.
- From 1994-2000, worked as a Controller and Accounting Manager at various companies within the healthcare and technology industries.