As an accomplished operational leader with 20 years of experience, Scott Ulrich has led teams of various sizes from two members up to large multinational teams of more than 50. Mr. Ulrich started his career in public accounting, ultimately spending eight years working with clients as varied as multi-million dollar international manufacturers, pre- and post-IPO technology companies, and local family businesses. After leaving public accounting, Mr. Ulrich held various roles in several large technology companies, and also spent time with a multi-billion dollar global pharmaceutical research organization where he was responsible for multinational teams responsible for global accounting operations. Most recently, he led the Finance function for a technology start-up with offices in the US, India, and the Middle East, where he was engaged in all areas of accounting, financial management and reporting, and legal and contract review, ultimately leading to a transaction with a Fortune 500 company.
A licensed CPA in North Carolina and Maryland, Scott has experience in a range of industries including software, technology, clinical research, pharma, construction, and real estate. During his career he has been involved in mergers and acquisitions, designed and implemented new organizational structures, and developed both high-level organizational strategy and tactical reports, models, and forecasts. Mr. Ulrich is passionate about building new processes, tools, and reports for the efficient administration of organizations and providing timely and relevant information to decision makers.
Mr. Ulrich is a hands-on professional with experience in the areas of:
- Financial close and reporting
- Software and ERP implementations
- Team building and development
- Strategic planning
- Business analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Revenue recognition
- Due diligence
- Policy development
- Process and controls implementation, including SOX
A native of Pittsburgh, PA, Scott attended the University of Maryland, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2023.
- 2019 to 2023: Controller and Vice President of Finance at Zaloni Inc., a venture capital backed DataOps software and services company
- 2015 to 2019: Assistant Corporate Controller at INC Research until its merger created Syneos Health, where he served first as Executive Director of Global Receivables, and then Executive Director, Global & US Accounting
- 2013 to 2015: Oracle Transition Lead, Finance and Accounting, at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, where he facilitated the greenfield implementation of Oracle EBS into a carve-out of IBM’s Point-of-Sale division
- 2012 to 2013: Revenue Accounting Manager at Tekelec, Inc., until its acquisition by Oracle
- 2004 to 2012: Scott began his career in public accounting, where he worked as an audit manager for Ernst & Young, audit supervisor for McGladrey, and senior and staff auditor for Reznick Group