Timothy Egan is a Partner with Rankin McKenzie LLC. As a hands-on financial leader with over 25 years of experience, Mr. Egan has worked in leadership roles in a variety of service industry verticals, most recently leading two companies in the PBM space through successful equity transactions. Mr. Egan began his career with a Bix Six public accounting firm, transitioned to working directly for clients on both the provider and insurance side of healthcare, and more recently worked for a CRO doing early-stage drug development. Mr. Egan’s experience also includes working with Venture Capital owners and Private Equity investors as part of due diligence work that led to a successful transaction execution within the targeted timeline. Tim currently works with Discovery Health (MyDocPlus), Village Dental, and Cary Medical Management.
Mr. Egan has considerable experience in financially managing a business including accounting, finance, equity / debt funding, due diligence, treasury and cash management, HR, risk management, contract negotiation, operations support and cost modeling, and corporate strategy. He has worked in a software as a service company (SaaS), the drug development/ pharmaceutical industry, professional services, and healthcare services industries.
Mr. Egan is a licensed CPA in Washington and is in the process of applying for reciprocal licensure in North Carolina. Mr. Egan brings a combination of accounting expertise, strong business experience, and hands-on financial leadership. The past three years has been spent standing up two companies, delivering successful audits, scaling the business processes to support rapid growth in an early-stage environment, creating operational budgets and long-term forecast models to capture enterprise value, and culminating in the successful company exits for two private companies.
A native of Binghamton, New York, Mr. Egan attended Providence College, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration and Binghamton University, where he received a Master of Science in Accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2021.
- From 2018 to 2021, served as CFO for Archimedes, LLC and Epiphany Rx, LLC – both early-stage companies in the Pharmacy Benefits Management space. As an early employee, the scope of responsibility spanned: setting up accounting ERP, HRPR, Treasury, Billing, FA, Reporting, and Expense Reimbursement systems; implementing a PEO vendor, establishing a system of internal controls that allowed for the delivery of GAAP compliant financial reporting and repeated clean audit reports; working with lenders on both debt refinancing and PPP forgiven loans, and creating the company’s first operating and capital budgets as well as long-term projection models used to run the business and as deal support.
- From 2016 to 2018, served as Controller for Ampersand Health, LLC, an early-stage healthcare company providing access to primary care services in underserved managed Medicare and Medicaid markets. This position was responsible for all operational finance, healthcare billing, cash management, and audit support work.
- From 2011 to 2015, provided financial leadership for a small Contract Research Organization (CRO) focusing on Phase I oncology drug development.
- From 2007 to 2011, supported the rapid growth of a disease management and wellness services company which included pricing and RFP support, determination and delivering of the value proposition to clients and brokers, and measuring and quantifying both internal KPIs and external Performance Guarantees.
- From 1991 to 2006, Mr. Egan started his career as an auditor with a global public accounting firm and worked for various companies in the healthcare services space including a large HMO, a 300-bed medical/surgical hospital which employed 450 physicians, and a non-profit hospital system.