Laurence (Larry) Woolhiser is a results-driven senior financial executive with over 25 years of financial leadership experience with entrepreneurial, high growth, and transitioning healthcare and technology companies. Over the course of his career, Mr. Woolhiser has had a track record of being a catalyst for change, innovation, and growth. He has a solid history of partnering with operational leaders in transforming robust business goals into strategies for unlocking value and driving strong bottom-line results. Additionally, Mr. Woolhiser is an expert at creating and realigning financial infrastructures to meet the strategic and tactical growth objectives in small, emerging and mid-cap companies. His current clients include Zenalux, BodyLase, Lane & Associates, Insoma Bio, Calla Health, Walsingham, Inc, and Gateway Bio, Inc., a biotech company developing a rapid onset anticoagulant. Read the praises his clients have to say here: Client Testimonials.
As an experienced CFO/Controller, Mr. Woolhiser has gained solid, hands-on experience in all aspects of leading and managing a business from start-up, through the high growth phase to a successful strategic exit. Over the span of his career, Larry has obtained significant experience in all aspects of financial management and leadership, including financial planning and analysis, budget modeling, strategic planning, cost management, cashflow optimization within a leveraged environment, financial system selection and implementation, audit preparation, healthcare revenue cycle, private equity and debt financing and acquisition integration.
Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Mr. Woolhiser served three years as the CFO of United Medical Systems (UMS), a private equity backed healthcare service provider. During his tenure with UMS, Larry led the integration of five acquisitions and was the key liaison with senior lenders for incremental debt financing supporting the Company’s acquisition strategy. From an operational perspective, Larry lead a team that designed and implemented a new tablet-based medical treatment data collection system and deployed an operational management dashboard and reporting tool for real time tracking of case volume, employee efficiency and billing automation. Prior to UMS, Larry served in senior financial executive roles with Fresenius Medical Services, a nationwide healthcare service provider, and several private start-up and publicly-traded technology companies focused on communications and video/data delivery.
Mr. Woolhiser is a licensed CPA in North Carolina and Texas. A native of Louisiana, Larry attended Louisiana Tech University where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Louisiana State University where he earned an MBA with a concentration in Finance.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2019.
- From 2016 to 2018, served as the CFO of United Medical Systems, a private equity backed healthcare service provider of clinical urology and women’s health services.
- From 2006 to 2016, served in divisional and corporate financial leadership roles at Fresenius Medical Services, the world’s largest manufacturer of dialysis medical equipment and dialysis services with over 2,200 dialysis clinics in North America.
- From 2001 to 2006, served as the Vice President and Controller of T-Netix, Inc. a publicly traded specialized telecommunications SaaS-based software provider, which was taken private by a large private equity firm.
- From 2000-2001, served as the Vice President, Planning and Accounting with BlueStar Communications, Inc., a venture backed internet service provider startup, which was acquired by Covad Communications in 2000.
- From 1996-2000, served as Vice President, Controller of Wireless One, Inc., a publicly traded provider of wireless broadband data and video services in the Southeast US, which was acquired by WorldCom in 2000.
- From 1995-1996, served as the CFO of TruVision Wireless, Inc. a venture backed wireless video provider startup, which was acquired by Wireless One in 1996.