As an experienced CFO, Mr. Weiner has been responsible for overall financial management of accounting operations for various clients, including financial reporting, cash management, forecasting, board participation and relationships with outside bankers, legal counsel and Accounting firms. Mr. Weiner has spent the majority of his career focusing on early-stage technology, life science, and service companies. Currently, Mr. Weiner is serving as the part-time CFO for OpEx Technologies and Cranovation.
Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Mr. Weiner founded and served as President of SW Controller Services LLC, a consulting company specializing in interim CFO, Controller and Finance Director roles, with a heavy concentration in early to growth stage private companies. As a business partner for his clients, he gained valuable expertise in financial modeling, problem solving skills, and GAAP Accounting and Financial Operations, in addition to hands-on business/organizational lessons which allows him to adapt to client needs.
Professional Career Timeline:
- From 2009-2016, Mr. Weiner worked as an interim CFO/Controller for various companies through his company SW Controller Services.
- During 2015, he successfully managed the acquisition of three clients with Microsoft, a UK based company, and an asset sale to various buyers respectively.
- In 2008, Mr. Weiner worked as Director of Finance with F-Origin, a touch screen technology company as employee number four in a true start-up. He established processes and procedures, managed the initial audit, created the Chart of Accounts and financial reporting structure in addition to establishing benefits, payroll providers, and tax preparation selection.
- From 2004 -2008, Mr. Weiner worked as Director of Finance with GFI Software, an international UK based Technology Company. He was part of the management team that assisted in the successful acquisition of the company by a Venture Capital firm in 2005. He was responsible for the consolidated budgeting and reporting process, Board Presentations of Financials, and management of the annual audit. The company grew from $4 million in Revenue to $65 million in 2007.
- From 2000 -2004, Mr. Weiner worked as a Finance Officer with Qualex Inc, a subsidiary of Kodak Corp. In this role he served as the Finance lead for the company’s US mix sites and fleet management of their leased vehicles.
- Prior to working with Qualex he worked in the Financial Institution sector as an Internal Auditor with HSBC, and Finance Officer with Bank Boston. He still takes the mindset of an Internal Auditor into all his clients, even though that role was over 25 years ago.