Mr. Ackman has significant experience in all aspects of business including accounting, finance, equity / debt funding, due diligence, treasury and cash management, HR, legal affairs and negotiation, operations, business administration and corporate strategy. He has worked in technology, software and hardware, professional services and health devices.
Prior to joining Rankin McKenzie, Mr. Ackman spent a year performing financial consulting services for a large manufacturer and start-ups. Prior to that, he has been responsible for the overall financial management of companies including accounting operations, financial reporting, treasury and cash management, budgeting and forecasting, investor relations, banking relations and insurance relations functions.
Mr. Ackman attended Bradley University in Illinois, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. He is also a member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as a Partner in 2020.
- From 2019 to 2020, performed financial consulting services helping companies prepare for an audit and setting-up and straightening out the financials.
- From 2011 to 2019, served as VP of Finance for Valencell, Inc. where he was responsible for all finance, accounting, legal, HR, facilities and BOD / investor financial relationships. He was heavily involved in raising 6 rounds of funding including due diligence process and legal drafting. He was also involved with litigation attorneys and funding sources for patent lawsuits and the PTAB/IPR process.
- During 2011 he was responsible for the post-acquisition integration of finance and HR in to Cisco Systems, Inc.
- From 2006 to 2011, served as VP of Finance for Inlet Technologies, Inc. where he was responsible for all finance, accounting, legal, HR, facilities, BOD / investor financial relationships and building the accounting processes, procedures and accounting team. Set-up and managed HR and financial relationships for UK, German and Singapore branches. Inlet was acquired by Cisco Systems and he was heavily involved in the acquisition due diligence and attorney relationships.
- From 1999 to 2006, served as Director of IT and Purchasing for Quintiles, Inc. He was responsible for managing the financial reporting of the Global IT infrastructure including the North America IT Infrastructure’s financial control, month-end reporting and analysis including asset management. He also analyzed financial aspects related to restructuring and on-going businesses. He developed policies and procedures to strengthen accountability and internal controls resulting in annual savings of $15M.
- From 1983 to 1999, Mr. Ackman started his career as an auditor with a public accounting firm and worked in various company industries such as manufacturing, factoring accounts receivable, pharmacy medication provider, securities broker/dealer and processing FEMA/FHWA disaster claims.