As an operationally focused financial executive with over 30 years of experience, Steve Carnevale has provided leadership to companies ranging from start-ups to organizations with international operations. Mr. Carnevale started his career at a Big Four public accounting firm, worked several years for a global consumer products company and has significant experience as a CFO with venture backed and private equity owned companies. In addition to his accounting and finance expertise, he has managed teams responsible for information technology, human resources, legal/contract support and operations. Currently, Steve serves as the part-time CFO for Zaloni, a Durham based, venture-backed software company and Reveal Mobile, a geofencing marketing and advertising software company. Read the praise clients speak about him here: Client Testimonials.
A licensed CPA in North Carolina, Mr. Carnevale brings deep software industry experience along with consumer products, semiconductors, agribusiness and advertising technology. He has been an executive and led successful company exits to two publicly traded companies and one private equity firm.
Mr. Carnevale is a goal-driven leader with extensive experience in the areas of:
- Financial Management
- Strategic Planning
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Business Analysis
- M&A (buy-side and sell-side)
- Financial Modeling and Reporting
- Due Diligence
- Implementation of Policies and Controls
A native of Buffalo, New York, Mr. Carnevale attended Northeastern University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting and obtained his MBA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. In 2009, Mr. Carnevale was awarded the Movers and Shakers award by Business Leader magazine.
- Joined Rankin McKenzie as Partner in 2019.
- 2018-2019, interim CFO of Palisade Company LLC, a private equity owned risk and decision analysis software company.
- 2017-2018, CFO of Global Software, LLC (now insightsoftware), a private equity owned financial report writing and analytics software and services company. Executive team leader in the sale to a top 50 private equity firm.
- 2015-2017, CFO of Advanced Animal Diagnostics, a venture backed agribusiness company focused on delivering on-farm diagnostics for the dairy and livestock industries.
- 2014-2015, CFO of two venture backed companies with a common investor.
- 2007-2013, CFO of Geomagic, a 3D software company. As a key executive, he led the finance, IT and human resources team through a period of growth and then sale of the company to 3D Systems, a publicly traded company.
- 2005-2007, Partner at Tatum, LLC where Mr. Carnevale served as CFO for companies including LVL7 Systems, a venture backed company sold to Broadcom Corporation, a publicly traded company.
- 2001-2005, CFO at Silicon Semiconductor.
- 2000-2001, CFO at Home Director, an IBM spinout.
- 1997-2000, National Services Manager handling retail accounts at Eastman Kodak.
- 1993-1997, various financial and business analysis roles at Qualex (Eastman Kodak subsidiary).
- 1990-1993, Accounting Manager at Post Software International.
- 1988-1990, Senior Corporate Auditor at Qualex (Eastman Kodak subsidiary)
- 1986-1988, Mr. Carnevale began his career with Ernst & Whinney in Raleigh, NC.